A minimum of 10 hours is to be gained over the 3 year period.
You can gain your minimum of 10 hours over the 3 year period by attending aquatic education courses, conferences, seminars, in-house training and other relevant training courses.
To see what AUSTSWIM professional development workshops and conferences are on offer click here.
We recognise that there are many professional development opportunities that can positively contribute to your experience as a teacher and some will be aquatic based and others will not, for example childhood education subjects, communication strategies and legal studies. If you have any doubt whether a course you are contemplating is one that will be acceptable for professional development hours call AUSTSWIM on 1300 885 529 to clarify before enrolling.
- Each individual course/qualification/workshop can only be claimed once in every 3 year period.
- If you have completed an AUSTSWIM extension course within the 12 month training period you will receive an updated expiry date of 3 years from your issue date.
- If you have completed an AUSTSWIM extension course after the initial 12 month training period you will receive an updated expiry date of 4 years from your elective course date.
- CPR does not contribute towards professional development as it is a separate requirement of AUSTSWIM renewal.
- You are not required to send in proof of attendance for professional development unless requested to do so through an audit.
Reminder to organisations
Offer In-house Professional Development Organisations and employers are reminded that if they delivering in-house professional development programs relevant to AUSTSWIM teachers™ they are eligible to apply for recognition. By having your programs recognised by AUSTSWIM, it enables AUSTSWIM teachers™ to use these professional development hours for renewal purposes. Click here for further information.