AUSTSWIM has been working with indigenous communities to increase the awareness of the importance of gaining swimming and personal aquatic survival skills.
This has been successful by:
- Offering AUSTSWIM training courses in the communities;
- Promoting and supporting the development of swimming and water safety teaching through the provision of a range of quality swimming and water safety teaching programs;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of community based swimming and water safety programs;
- Working in conjunction with the local indigenous groups; and
- Working in conjunction with other local groups to assist in implementation of training courses and ongoing learn to swim and water safety programs.
For further information contact your AUSTSWIM Business Centre in your state or territory.
Indigenous Courses Available
Want to teach Learn to Swim and Water Safety? AUSTSWIM has developed a practical water based teacher training qualification just for you. AUSTSWIM is Australia’s National Organisation for the Teaching of Swimming and Water SafetyTM. AUSTSWIM offers quality accreditation programs for those wishing to enter the aquatic industry as a Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety. The AUSTSWIM LicenceTM is the industry standard for Learn to Swim and Water Safety Teachers nationally.