1. May enrol in an AUSTSWIM course at 16 years of age but are not eligible to receive the accreditation until they are 17 years of age.
2. Are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and the ability to confidently swim 25 metres.
The course consists of theory and practical components. The WETS Aqua Instructor Course conducted by AUSTSWIM does not have any formal pre-requisites. However, it does require Aqua Instructor attributes such as:
- the ability to work outdoors or in a humid environment;
- the ability to engage with community members;
- a specific level of pool deck fitness and endurance;
- an appreciation of movement to music;
- an enjoyment of the aquatic environment;
- basic water survival skills;
- MMM - Musicality, Movement, Motivation
New Requirements from January 2015
All students enrolling into this AUSTSWIM training course from January 2015 and where a Statement of Attainment is issued MUST provide AUSTSWIM their Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A (USI) is a reference number that gives you access to a USI account which is linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection.
How do I create my USI?
Go to the following web site via your computer, tablet or smart phone
What do I do with my USI?
- Forward your USI confirmation email to your AUSTSWIM Course Provider
- Include in this email your FIRST NAME, LAST NAME and DATE OF BIRTH as indicated in your ID.
What happens if you don’t provide AUSTSWIM your USI?
This will delay AUSTSWIM with issuing your certificate.